Cars heat up a lot faster than we think. In the summertime heat, it is NEVER okay to leave your pet unattended in a car - windows cracked or not. Car temperatures can literally be like the inside of an oven, and that's no place you want to leave your pet.
We still have errands to do though. Here are some great alternatives to leaving your pet in a car:
1) Drive-Thru Only - Convenient and accessible, many businesses offer a drive-thru. Instead of leaving your companion in the car, even for a second, take advantage of the opportunity to let your pet ride in comfort and style.
2) Pet Friendly Shopping - Many businesses are happy to accommodate our companions! When you can, go to businesses that have a pet friendly policy and take them shopping with you.
3) Bring a Friend - Having someone come along while you (or both of you) run errands will give your pet someone to hang out and play with while you're inside.
4) Outdoor Eating - Instead of going into a restaurant to eat, find those with outdoor seating. Shade and a little water dish make this a fun time for everyone!
5) Skip It - Is your trip to the store really all that important? Can it wait until tomorrow or later on in the day? Let your pet stay at home where its cool and relaxing.